Please note that this is still work in progress. A set of scripts that can be integrated into ArmA2 missions which allow for persistent player and mission data to be stored in a serverside database and retrieved on command.
To use in a Arma2 mission/script the following must be running serverside. Please note that clients need not run these.
- Download PersistentDB
- Install Arma2 beta version 87640 or later, Arma2NET and .NET Framework 4 Client Profile on your Windows server.
- Install MYSQL and MYSQL .NET Connector on your server.
- Copy the @Arma2NET folder from the archive to your servers @Arma2NET directory. This contains Firefly's Arma2NET addin for MYSQL.
- Extract the .sql files from the dbschema directory, pick one that you feel most comfortable with using to create the database tables and stored procedures.
- Extract the database.txt file and write your server's MYSQL connection settings into it and copy it to your server's Arma2 ROOT folder.
- Copy the Co18_PDB_ConvoyHell_v1-5-100.Takistan.pbo from the archive's example mpmission/NON ACE/ folder to your server's MPMissions folder.
- Create a launch bat file or whatever you use on your server and add the following (you need to do this since at present the addin is not signed) -arma2netdev and mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@Arma2NET
- Launch your server and connect to it with a client. The client does NOT need to run Arma2NET/CBA since all database calls are done by the server.
- You do not need jayarma2lib on the server or client for this demo. You can turn PDB ACE support on/off by editing the pdbSetup.sqf: pdb_ace_enabled
- The mission scripts folder in the archive contains the minimum you need to add to a vanilla MP Arma2 mission to make it PDB.
- You can download PDB updates from here but you'll need to register to access the git repository and you can ask questions regarding the demo here.
- I had an issue on my Windows server which was resolved here.
- Copy the MySQL.Data.Dll to the ARMA2, ARMA2Net and Arma2NETMySQLPlugin (to cover all bases!)
- Thank you to Sickboy for all his script mentoring.
- firefly2442 for all his C++ programming and addin for ArmA2NET
- Scott for programming ArmA2NET and his support.
- Tupolov with rest of the MSO development team for extending PersistentDB and rewriting some of the core elements
- Thanks to all the Kelly Heroes testers you beauties!
- Bohemia Interactive for creating an awesome game and staying true to the community.